My Blog List

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Babies Everywhere!! It must be Spring!

I have been informed by two of my nephews that they and their significant others are now expecting...
A set of twin girls and another little girl are about to make their appearance this year around July. But I made a big mistake...I told them that I would piece together girlie quilts for all three of these bundles. My second mistake? I haven't even started...
Oh well, I'll plead old age! Since they've known me all of their lives, my nephews won't give it a second thought!
I've decided on pinks and browns for the color scheme of all three. But what pattern? Hummm, I could easily do 6" x 6" squares and sew them together, clip the edges all around and make a "shabby chic" raggedy quilt for the newbies to nestle under...Soft flannel quilts...I love the sound of that. Babies are not know to fall asleep easily under tweed. So!... Soft, washable flannel fabrics in pinks and browns it shall be!
As I write this, sipping my chocolate milk, trying to get sleepy enough to go to bed...I ponder the wonder of little ones just entering our world and shake my head in amazement that these nephews should actually be THAT old enough to create my newest grand-nieces...
I have three of the most darling grandsons that I absolutely adore and each has old gamma wrapped around each of their little fingers. I made them each pillowcases this past Christmas and now I'm thinking...well, gosh! If I'm going to sew quilts for nieces that I've yet to see...I should at least sew quilts for each of my grandsons...
Sooooo, my third mistake...I promised to make yet three more quilts on top of the three I'm going to get started on....eventually.
Heck! I haven't even finished the darn "possum head" for the standing mannequin that I got awhile back for display in my shop Possum Creek...and now, here I am...promising SIX quilts?
I'm not going to ask you to vote on how dumb I am...I already know. Well... my chocolate milk is finished...my mind is full of quilt patterns suitable for infant girls and toddler boys...I might be dumb...but I'm still happy!!! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment